Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolving the unresolved...


2011, a new year.

Whether or not I count it as a new beginning is somewhat pointless.
It's just another year, nothing special.
Life moves forward after all, and it is not limited by the turn of years, neither the turn of centuries.

Perhaps that is why I don't see the need to set any particular "new year resolution".
If in fact, there needs to be one, it should be a daily resolution, or even a hourly, minutely resolution...if there is such a thing.

For what reasons do we even need resolutions?
To motivate us to do somethings that we have never done before?
To dare us to lose another 15 pounds perhaps?
To push us off of the career cliff and find a $50,000 job someday?
To hang us by the neck as we keep on pulling those all-nighters to get a precious A?
To skip all the shame as we cram in that 15 min prayer/QT session before bedtime?

Those were the reasons I used have for my resolutions, and I achieved nothing.
I have started to find them pointless, hopeless, and useless.

However, I am not entirely pessimistic...
If anything, I would only like to resolve the unresolved...
From the last hour, the last day, the last month, the last year, or even the last decade.
Those, I have plenty.

2 comments:

  1. resolutions provide a beginning and an end. a time frame, cause when you have a deadline, you have a sense of urgency! :)

    ReplyDelete