Thursday, April 15, 2010

Home

She's alive and well...10 years, I waited, and thank you Lord for bringing me that good news.

Yet, home feels so far away.

As much as I miss the coziness of my bed and the cleansing breeze of the summer morning through my open window, that is all that I can remember.
I miss my mom, my dad, my little brother, but all of whom expect so much.

I miss my home in China too, but I cannot help but hide from it.
China was too crowded, too clustered, too much smoke and grease.
Grandma was too sucked up in the agony of Grandpa's death.
Aunt...she broke her arm.

I spent the morning, whole 2 hours, trying to communicate to them that life is not just about college, life is not just about grades, and life is not just about other people's expectations (including Dad's, including Grandma's, and including my already passed-away Grandpa's)...
They didn't understand, although they claim they did.
Aunt ended by saying, "take care of yourself...but whatever we say now about your academics, you can just regarded as crap, is that what you want?"

Fail.

They no longer feel like family, they no longer feel like home...
Why does it have to be this way?....
Besides Heaven, is there really not a place where I can call "home"?

No comments:

Post a Comment